Tickets & Fares
No, seat reservations are not yet possible on KIELIUS. If you are travelling with a group of 10 or more people, however, we kindly ask you to notify us in advance by calling +49 (0) 431 666 222 or by filling out our contact form. Groups must also be at the stop 15 minutes before departure; otherwise we may give their seats away to another party.
The tickets for the outward and return journeys can be used freely and are not tied to a specific date. The return journey ticket does not have to be used on the day of the outward journey, either; you can use it freely. However, you should consider that there may be price changes when the new fare system is introduced.
Our monthly passes are an exception to this rule. These are valid for a fixed calendar month and are not available in the online shop. You can pick one up directly from your KIELIUS driver or through DB Vertrieb on a subscription basis. Here you can find more information about the subscription monthly ticket.
Another exception are the saver fare tickets (available only in the online shop). These are bound to a date.
No, tickets from the Schleswig-Holstein tariff system and weekend family tickets are not valid on KIELIUS services. The DB Schönes-Wochenende-Ticket is not valid on KIELIUS services, either. An overview of all available ticket types can be found on our Tickets & fares page.
Yes. Holders of DB season tickets and subscriptions (weekly, monthly or annual tickets) receive a 50% discount on the standard fare (one-way ticket for adults).
Yes, discounts are available for KIELIUS services:
- Anyone with a BahnCard 25 or BahnCard 50 gets a 25% discount on normal fares (single journey, KIELIUS fare, adult) when they book their ticket online.
- Please note that the discount for BahnCard 25 and BahnCard 50 holders is lower if the tickets are purchased on site.
- BahnCard 100 holders can ride KIELIUS free of charge.
- Groups of 20 or more receive a per-person discount on single journey tickets.
- A partnership with Kiel's Muthesius University of Fine Arts and Design allows students to travel at a reduced rate if they present their semester ticket and a valid photo ID.
- Holders of DB season tickets and subscriptions (weekly, monthly or annual season tickets) are granted a 50% discount on the standard fare (single journey ticket for adults).
You can find an overview of all fares and discounts in our table of prices. The online shop also has a limited supply of discounted single journey tickets – it pays to be quick!
No, travellers with disabilities require a conventional ticket for KIELIUS services. Their named companions travel for free.
Students at the Muthesius University of Fine Arts and Design get a reduced fare if they present their semester ticket and a valid photo ID. The semester ticket must be validated and display the imprint for the current semester. A single journey from Kiel to the Hamburg airport costs EUR 7.00. Students pay only EUR 12.00 for a round trip ticket. For tickets from Kiel to Neumünster, students pay only EUR 1.70.
No, the state-wide semester ticket does not entitle you to travel for free on KIELIUS services. Students at the Muthesius University of Fine Arts and Design are granted a discounted price when they present their semester ticket.
Autokraft GmbH has entered into a partnership with the Muthesius University of Fine Arts and Design. The institution supports the discount on KIELIUS services. No partnerships exist with other colleges or universities.
Children aged 0-5 travel for free when accompanied by someone paying the full fare (adult ticket). Children's tickets cover the ages of 6-14. You can find an overview of all fares in our table of prices.